- Cyprus : Downer in the dog house over dinner diplomacy
- Opinions : Our View: Government needs to get its priorities straight
- Cyprus : Shiarly: no excuse for spending money you do not have
- Cyprus : Orphanides: they trashed the banks to win votes
- Cyprus : Cost cutting pays off in first quarter
- Cyprus : Capital controls relaxed further
- Cyprus : Historic visit by Russian warships
- Cyprus : Leukaemia boy’s family warns of fake collection in Paphos
- Cyprus : Interest rate reductions will help economy, spokesman says
- Cyprus : New law will result in more modern co-op sector
Bar Review: Bellini, Limassol
With summer settling on the island a need has grown to be closer to the sea to enjoy Cyprus’ beauty and nightlife in all its glory. Bellini, situated on Limassol’s sea front, encompasses all the key elements of a perfect summer night – drinks, music and the sea at your feet.
Bellini is divided into three descending levels: the dining area, the main bar area which consists of two bars and an array of tables, couches and stools, and the third and lowest level which unfolds like a deck onto the sea and consists of more tables. Being a summer venue, the décor at Bellini is very Mediterranean, the furniture made mainly of white bamboo, white stools, couches and poufs, and a vintage looking grey parquet floor. The two main bars are made of white tiles and the only hint of colour can be seen in the top level where the dining area is, the wallpaper and lampshades splashed with vivid red and orange shades.
A Friday night at Bellini is a night of style, fun and glamour as the venue hosts a number of events revolving around the theme ‘Fashion Fridays’. World famous DJs are frequent guests at Bellini, playing a selection of house and mainstream music and the summer agenda includes big names such as DJ Ravin from Buddha Bar in Paris on July 6 and Carlos Campos from Barrio Latino.
Drinks at Bellini are priced between €7 and €10, with cocktails at €8-10. It is open from the evening until early morning and on weekends it is open from 12am, serving lunch as well as dinner. The cuisine at Bellini is a fusion of Mediterranean dishes and sushi dishes and there is also a menu with different flavoured shishas to enjoy after a meal or with a drink.
Bellini is a must on everyone’s summer outings agenda, the gorgeous setting and exciting events a guarantee for a fun night out. Inspired by the name of the famous champagne cocktail, Bellini possesses those special elements of glamour and elegance that every summer bar should have.
Where: Amathountos Avenue 5, Limassol
When: Weekdays 7pm-3am, weekends 12am-3am
Contact: 25 747552