- Cyprus : Schulz calls for ‘spirit of solidarity’ towards Cyprus as...
- our view : Our View: Both AKEL and DISY guilty of double standards when it...
- Charilaos Stavrakis : Ministry official points the finger at Stavrakis
- Central Bank : Central Bank sees 'substantial' risks to economy
- bank of cyprus : New CEO for BoC imminent
- Cyprus : Limassol marina receives first yachts
- Cyprus : Staff strike at Sigma and Hard Rock cafe
- British experts : Reform of public service underway
- aristo developers : ‘State will gain millions in taxes from sale of Venus Rock’
- arrests : Authorities suspect fishy goings on at crossing points
A FIRE which broke out at around 5.50pm on Sunday in a house in Dali is thought to be an arson attack.The fire, that was put out by members of the fire department, partly damaged the wooden ceiling and part of the plaster wall.Factory made fireworks found at the scene show that the fire was caused by arson.The Pera Chorio Nisou police department is continuing investigations... Read on
Remembrance award THE CYPRUS Olympic Committee is to set up an annual award for female high jumpers in memory of Cypriot champion Marianna Zachariades, 23, who died in Greece on Monday where she was being treated for lymphoma. The award will ensure that Zachariades, who was buried in Cyprus on Wednesday, would be remembered as a role model for young athletes the committee said. “If something can ease the pain, it is our faith in God and that the Marianna we knew who acted with goodness in everything she did, has rightfully earned her place among the angels,” a statement said... 1 comment
Woman released THE 28-YEAR-OLD woman, who was arrested by bases police on Wednesday in connection with the murder of 35-year-old Loucas Charalambous on April 3, was released after no evidence was found against her. During a brief hearing at Sovereign Base Area (SBA) Court in Episkopi yesterday the judge was told by investigators that police were not charging the woman and there was no reason to hold her. ... 2 comments
A CAR was torched in Larnaca yesterday, during the early hours of the morning.The police said the fire that broke out at around 12.40am and seems to be an arson attack according to investigations. The car had been parked outside the owner’s home for the last three months. The fire caused damaged to the car’s paint and bumper. The owner’s son saw and put out the fire... Read on
TWO CARS were completely destroyed within a few hours in Nicosia on Monday night and yesterday morning by a fire, police said. A police spokesman said that from initial investigations it appears both incidents were arson attacks. The first car was set alight at 11.30pm on Monday as it was parked in front of a house. Members of the fire service extinguished the blaze. The car valued at around €15,000 was completely destroyed. The second car, also valued at €15,000, was set alight at 2am yesterday as it was parked in the Strovolos area of Nicosia and was also completely destroyed by the fire. Police are investigating both cases as arson... 1 comment