- Sport : Mourinho to leave Real Madrid at end of season
- Sport : Alvez sends Omonia into Europa League, Olympiakos relegated
- Sport : Ferguson bows out after 10-goal thriller
- bail in : Further raid on BoC possible
- politics : Our View: Politics remains the art of the unattainable
- coffeeshop : Tales from the Coffeeshop: Hallelujah, the Cyprob makes a...
- banks : 'Why did ministers not blame bankers?'
- Cyprus : State provides €4m for student grants
- Ambrosiadou : Elena Ambrosiadou wins legal battle
- Anastasiades : Anastasiades calms concerns over UN document
OFFICIALs from the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) met with the heads of the Dutch Association of Travel Agents along with journalists from the country’s three biggest newspapers yesterday in an attempt to attract tourists from Holland.Speaking after the meeting, head of the CTO Alecos Oroundiotis said that the meeting took place as the organisation is making attempts to reverse the negative image the island is suffering from in light of recent economic developments. He added that both sides took part in a very constructive meeting regarding the arrival of Dutch tourists and promoting Cyprus in the Dutch tourist market... 16 comments
A MOVE by the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) to give a promotion two days before parliament was due to pass a bill on freeze promotions and pay rises in the public sector has been was labelled insulting and provocative by MPs.CTO’s move to promote Yiannis Koui to administrative director only came to light a few hours before Thursday’s House plenum - during a meeting of the House Commerce Committee. ... 4 comments
THE EUROGROUP decision to impose a levy on Cypriot banks has caused a slew of concerns from tourist agents in Russia and the UK according to the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO). A group of CTO representatives led by CTO chief Alecos Orountiotis and general-manager Marios Hannides left for Moscow yesterday where they will participate in Russia’s Tourism Exhibition due to begin today. They also hope to ease fears and assure Russians of the safety of Cyprus as a tourist destination... 8 comments
THE CYPRUS Tourism Organisation (CTO) and the Larnaca Tourist Board have released audio guides which will inform those interested about the various attractions in Larnaca. The guides, which are in mp3 format, can be downloaded and used on smart phones and mp3 players. According to a statement released by the tourist board, the audio guides can be downloaded for free in six different languages. Guides for St. Lazarus Church, the Ecclesiastical Museum, the Neolithic settlement of Hoirokoitia and the Hala Sultan Tekke mosque will be available for download via links found on the CTO and Larnaca Tourist Board websites... Read on