- Sport : Monaco offers Hamilton his best chance yet
- Cyprus : Schulz calls for ‘spirit of solidarity’ towards Cyprus as...
- our view : Our View: Both AKEL and DISY guilty of double standards when it...
- Charilaos Stavrakis : Ministry official points the finger at Stavrakis
- Central Bank : Central Bank sees 'substantial' risks to economy
- bank of cyprus : New CEO for BoC imminent
- Cyprus : Limassol marina receives first yachts
- Cyprus : Staff strike at Sigma and Hard Rock cafe
- British experts : Reform of public service underway
- aristo developers : ‘State will gain millions in taxes from sale of Venus Rock’
PRESIDENT NICOS Anastasiades yesterday hit out at the previous government and banking authorities in Cyprus and Europe for their handling of the economy and banking system which brought Cyprus to the brink of destruction. Speaking to civil servants at a PASYDY union conference in Nicosia, he said: “Negligence and wrong handling led our country’s economy one step before destruction.”His government was handed over a bankrupt state, he noted, calling on those who were responsible for the economy to exercise a dose of self-criticism. Many decisions taken by the previous government were far from in the public interest, he added... 34 comments