- Sport : Monaco offers Hamilton his best chance yet
- Cyprus : Schulz calls for ‘spirit of solidarity’ towards Cyprus as...
- our view : Our View: Both AKEL and DISY guilty of double standards when it...
- Charilaos Stavrakis : Ministry official points the finger at Stavrakis
- Central Bank : Central Bank sees 'substantial' risks to economy
- bank of cyprus : New CEO for BoC imminent
- Cyprus : Limassol marina receives first yachts
- Cyprus : Staff strike at Sigma and Hard Rock cafe
- British experts : Reform of public service underway
- aristo developers : ‘State will gain millions in taxes from sale of Venus Rock’
THE ECONOMIC crisis could “open up” opportunities to end the frozen conflict on the island, said US Secretary of State John Kerry yesterday, adding that hydrocarbon prospects in Cyprus’ exclusive economic zone (EEZ) could be a part of that solution. Foreign Minister Ioannis Kasoulides, in Washington to meet his American counterpart, countered that the three issues- economic crisis, gas and the Cyprus problem- were separate issues that could, however, be developed in parallel. ... 13 comments
THE TWO economic giants of the US and Japan are engaging in a currency war as they simultaneously try to boost their own economies. Over the past few days we have seen volatility in the USD/JPY pair and there is no sign of this letting up with both Japan’s Kuroda and the US’s Bernanke saying they will continue to support stimulus until they see improvements in their local economies. ... Read on