- bail in : Further raid on BoC possible
- politics : Our View: Politics remains the art of the unattainable
- coffeeshop : Tales from the Coffeeshop: Hallelujah, the Cyprob makes a...
- banks : 'Why did ministers not blame bankers?'
- Cyprus : State provides €4m for student grants
- Ambrosiadou : Elena Ambrosiadou wins legal battle
- Anastasiades : Anastasiades calms concerns over UN document
- Cyprus : UNHCR concerned over Kurdish families
- Cyprus : Teenager dies
- Cyprus : Road safety campaign
A minute with Evanthia Rempoutsika
Composer, who will give this year’s University of Cyprus lecture in memory of Dinos Leventis on the subject ‘How music gives society a face’
Where do you live?
In Athens, Greece with my husband and our two children
Best childhood memory?
Images from my life growing up and playing inside my father’s cinema named Rex in Ahaia, Patra
Absolute favourite dish?
French fries with feta
What did you have for breakfast?
I always enjoy a cup of decaf coffee with hot bread, butter and honey
Would you class yourself as a day or night person?
Definitely a day person
Best book ever read…
En Lefko (Carte blanche) by Odysseas Elytis. I think music comes out through this text and I enjoyed reading the part concerning the ancient female poet Sapfo
Favourite film of all time…
Babel, directed Alejandro Gonzalez, because through multiple stories, different people try to find a way to communicate and understand each other
Favorite holiday destination?
The island Tzia (Kea) - it is a place of inspiration to me, a destination where I have composed many of my melodies. I also enjoy a lot travelling at Arab states
What music are you listening to in the car at the moment?
What is always in your fridge?
A bottle of milk
Dream house: rural retreat or urban dwelling? Where would it be, what would it be like?
The one we now live in. A stone house with a garden full of flowers
If you could pick anyone at all (alive or dead) to go out for the evening with, who would it be?
Charlie Chaplin, actor, director and composer. A giant of culture I strongly admire.
If the world is ending in 24 hours what would you do?
Be with my family
What is your greatest fear?